Better Business Bureau, Inc.
Serving Nebraska, South Dakota, The Kansas Plains & SW Iowa
The PR & Communication Director leads and lends support to various external initiatives to promote the mission and services of Better Business Bureau. Likewise, this director focuses on internal organization processes and messages that contribute to sustaining an engaged and informed team. The PR & Communication Director works closely with the CEO/President and fellow directors to produce marketing material, social media, and press releases. All communication should reflect key organizational strategies and values. This person interacts with other communication peers from IABBB (International Association of Better Business Bureau’s) and other BBB’s to ensure brand and standards compliance.
The Better Business Bureau Serving Nebraska, South Dakota, The Kansas Plains & SW Iowa is a company that leads by example. This person plays a visible, external role in the community as an ambassador and often serves as spokesperson for the organization. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and an opportunity to contribute to advancing trust in the marketplace on a daily basis Duties and Responsibilities: include the following, but are not limited to:
Communications & Content Marketing
- Develop an annual marketing plan for social media and content marketing with associated budget; will use analytics to monitor successes against plan and budget, and optimize accordingly per performance objectives
- Create and curate rich and engaging content for social media, blog, and newsletters that seize reader’s attention and support the BBB’s online presence for both consumers and businesses
- Assist in utilizing marketing automation email platform
- Assist in content creation for presentations, collateral, and speeches
- Establish and maintain monthly content and editorial calendars throughout Marketing and Public Relations departments to deliver consistency of messaging to all media outlets
- Research BBB’s main consumer stakeholders and personas to plan, schedule, produce and edit content for BBB consumer communications.
- Acts as principal content writer (e.g. Executive Producer) for BBB produced materials including articles, press releases, blogs, podcasts, event and video scripts etc. Issues effective press releases, press kits, arranges interviews and press conferences
- Stay up to date on content and assets provided by our national BBB office and repurpose for local social media initiatives for all key audiences
- Monitor mentions of BBB and share content in appropriate channels accordingly
- Evaluate effectiveness of paid social campaigns and modify social strategy accordingly
- Monitor and track the analytic progression of all social media campaigns and ensure the engagement rate of all content trends positively
- Monitor market and industry trends, competitive landscape, technology, and cultural environment to inform organizational strategy through social media
- Proactively search for relevant conversations utilizing listening software through multiple social media mediums and engage with audiences to drive traffic to BBB company platforms
- Establish and maintain relationships with BBB Accredited Businesses that can assist in content development for a variety of outlets, including but not limited to guest blogs, local print products, and speaking engagements
- Work with team graphic designer on creating digital assets for all social channels
- Creates and implements fresh and engaging communication initiatives that promote and enhance organizational visibility of mission and vision
- Utilize social media automation platform to plan, schedule, and analyze all posts by medium
- Act as brand face and voice on social media platforms and video content included but not limited to on-camera interviews, narrations, and voiceovers
- Quickly and concisely respond to all inquiries through social media messaging platforms
- Sets individual and company-wide goals per strategic marketing plan and leads content marketing and social media objectives
- Fosters positive relationship with neighboring BBB counterparts to effectively collaborate on projects/events and campaigns
- Assist in developing and maintaining BBB intern program
- Develop and implement paid social media budget based on marketing strategy
- Attend BBB staff-related events as needed
- Collaborates with IABBB, other BBB’s and strategic partners’ communication teams as applicable.
- Participate as an active member of the leadership team
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with the Better Business Bureau will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
To Apply Please submit your resume along with a cover letter expressing your interest, fit for the position and salary range requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org