Under the direction of the VP University Communications and Marketing, the Director of Marketing directs the development of the University’s integrated marketing plan and leads plan implementation to advance the University’s position and reputation as a Catholic, Jesuit university. Responsible for identifying and monitoring ongoing key market performance indicators as set forth by the University’s strategic plan. Applies quantitative and qualitative market research to guide analysis of competitive and industry trends as related to the school/college program initiatives and enrollment opportunities. Provides direction for the development of school/college marketing plans and supports the implementation of enrollment, advancement and alumni relation’s strategies.
The Director of Marketing is a brand ambassador across the university ensuring the brand message is conveyed, understood, integrated and established across all areas. This team member will work across departments to help manage the University’s brand and brand presence, define the brand value proposition and work to convey a distinctive, compelling brand message across multiple media to attract prospective students and constituents in support of building the Creighton brand. In doing so, she/he will ensure marketing and communication activities are based on solid brand strategy, positioning/value proposition development, claims development and messaging.
The Director of Marketing works cooperatively with internal and outside vendors/partners as appropriate and directs the supporting services for content development, copy, design, print and video production.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, communications or related field is required.
- Minimum ten years of experience in marketing and 5 years in management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead best in class brand marketing activities; management of brand development, product innovation, market research, creative and media planning and buying activities.
- Proven ability to develop a comprehensive marketing plan, including revenue, budget, and programs to drive growth.
- Superior analytical ability to use data to drive brand strategy and monitor results.
- Knowledge and experience with both brand and direct marketing methods.
- Ability to work with other functions and subject matter experts to create brand ideas, and gain buy-in to brand positioning across an organization.
- Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communications, strong business acumen, interpersonal skills, ability to lead, integrate and motivate school/college marketing strategists and persuasive presenter.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Strong collaborative/teamwork ability to motivate, and inspire staff at all levels of the organization;
- Demonstrated experience with strategic and master planning;
- Experience with budget planning, forecasting and fiscal management of an operating budgeting
Demonstrated ability to develop and implement complex plans coordinated with multiple constituencies.
Strong ability to manage, supervise, and develop professional staff;
- Ability to influence change;
- Results oriented;
- Mission and Service oriented
Seeing: 75 – 100%
Hearing: 50 – 74%
Standing/Climbing/Mobility: 0 – 24%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0 – 24 % (pound: 10 lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.